Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) is an important piece of information that safeguards the security of your financial assets as well as the integrity of your banking activities. But what if you need to access your BVN fast, without having to navigate an endless que in the bank?
This is where our post titled “How to Check BVN” comes into play. in a few seconds, I’ll be showing you how to check BVN on MTN, as well as the other three major Nigerian mobile networks—GLO, 9mobile, and Airtel.
Whether you’re on the go, in need of your BVN for a financial transaction, or simply ensuring that your financial identity remains secure, this guide will be your go-to resource. Without further ado, let’s get right to it.
How To Check BVN on MTN
There are two ways you can check your BVN on MTN;
- Via USSD Code
- Via myMTN App
How To Check BVN on MTN Via USSD Code
Here’s how to check BVN on MTN using the USSD code;
- Dial *565*0# on your MTN sim
- Wait for a few seconds and your 11-digit BVN number will appear.
- Copy the BVN and save it in a secure location.
Note: You can only check your BVN with the number you used in enrolling for a BVN. Also, you will be charged N20 for this operation.
How To Check BVN on MTN Via myMTN App
You can also check your BVN through the myMTN app easily. To do this, you will need a smartphone and internet connection. Once you’ve got these ready, follow these steps;
- Install the myMTN App from your apps store if you haven’t.
- sign in using your phone number, or create an account if you do not already have one.
- Click the “More” option at the bottom of the screen on the dashboard
- Click on “My Bank” from the list of options.
- On this page, you will be able to view the BVN number associated with your account.
And that’s how to check BVN on MTN.
How To Check BVN on Glo
Checking your Bank Verification Number (BVN) on the Glo mobile network is simple – All you need is a registered Glo SIM card with an active account balance. Here’s how to check BVN on Glo;
- Dial *565*0# on your Glo line
- Select ‘1’ to confirm BVN inquiry
- Type the last four digits of your bank account number
- Select ‘1’ for yes and to continue
- Your BVN will be shown on the screen of your phone.
Note: The service fee for the operation is N20. If you have insufficient funds in your Glo line, the operation might abort.
How To Check BVN on 9Mobile
Like other network providers, checking your BVN on 9mobile is straightforward and fast. Here’s what you need to do;
- Recharge your 9Mobile with at least N20
- Dial *565*0# on the phone.
- Wait a few seconds and your BVN will pop up on your phone.
- You can either copy or save the BVN number
How To Check BVN on Airtel
Here’s how to check BVN on Airtel;
- Confirm you have at least N20 in your main balance
- Dial *565*0# on your line
- Wait a few seconds and your 11-digit BVN will pop up
- Copy it down or screenshot for keepsake.
An SMS with your BVN will also be sent to the cellphone number associated with your bank account for additional security.
How To Check BVN Online?
You can only check your BVN online using your bank app. This implies you must first have registered with your bank and obtained your unique 11 numbers.
How much does it cost to check my BVN on phone?
To check your BVN on any of the network providers (MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile), The service fee is N20.
Can I check my BVN with another phone number?
Sadly, No. You can only check your BVN on the number you used in enrolling for the BVN.
What s the USSD code for BVN?
The USSD code for checking your BVN on all network providers is *565*0#. you can use this code to check your BVN on MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile.
There you have it guys! With the information in this article, you no longer need to worry for how to check BVN on MTN or any other network providers again. All you need is the USSD code *565*0#.
It is important to note that you can only check your BVN from the number you used in enrolling for the BVN, and a service fee of N20 will be charged anytime you check your BVN from your phone.
So, whether you’re about to embark on a financial transaction, verify your identity, or simply ensure the security of your financial accounts, these quick methods of checking your BVN has got you covered.